[lazarus] mwEdit Update

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Sat Oct 23 06:44:07 EDT 1999

I took the release code that Shane has been working on and worked on it some
tonight to get it to compile. I am down to the last unit. All the units are
compiling now except the mwcustomedit.pas and it is close. I will have it
compiling by tomorrow. Once I get that one compiled, I will finish working to
get the beta version to compile. Then it will just be a matter of implementing
the code that was making calls to Windows functions and a few other things that
we haven't completed in FPC and LCL yet (like the registry). But there are
quite a few calls to Windows functions that we are going to have to come up
with a way to do with GTK. So it is still going to take a bit of work to get it
completely working. But we are getting closer :-)

Anyway, I created a directory for this code in CVS. It is in the
components/mwedit directory. The directory is called "release"
(components/mwedit/release). I also included a makefile to compile it.

In this release version, instead of using the MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER define, I have
just been including comments that explain what needs to be done. Each of these
comments is prefixed with "TODO:". So you can just do a grep for TODO: to find
out what all changes need to be done. Anyone feel free to start working on some
of those things that need to be done.

Just letting everyone know where to find it and what the status is.

Curtis