[lazarus] mwEdit Problems

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Wed Oct 27 00:13:07 EDT 1999

On 25-Oct-99 Shane Miller wrote:
> OK, I am down to line 4052 but am getting an error when calling
> ReAllocMem!!!!

With all the ReAllocMem function calls, I have been adding IFDEFs and passing
the 3 parameters. You have to pass the current size of the allocated memory in
FPC. I figure we can remove them as soon as this is fixed in FPC. But at least
it will allow it to compile now.

> I createed a new function in windows.pp but it MUST be looking elsewhere.
>
> Curtis, let me know how far (if anywhere) you get after you update CVS......

Actually, I have updated CVS with the latest version that I have. I added a
directory in components/mwedit called "release" (components/mwedit/release) and
have put the latest version of the release files I have in there. I have almost
the whole release version compiling now. There is only one unit left to finish
and that is the mwcustomedit.pas unit. I also have most of that one
compiling. But there are still quite a few things in it to fix. It is a huge
unit.

Since I created a new directory, nobody will probably be able to access it
until Michael, or someone, changes the priviliges. Can someone fix the
priviliges of the release directory (there are also 2 directories inside it) and
files inside components/mwedit?

> We are getting there....

Yep. We are very close to getting it to compile now. But there are a fair
amount of things to implement before it will work.

You know, I was thinking about something concerning mwEdit. I think we should
let the people who have been developing it know that we are working to get it
to compile with FPC for Lazarus. If they know that, they might be a little more
careful about calling Windows functions and doing other things that might not
be compatible. Just an idea.

I am still looking forward to getting the SHEdit component working. I think we
can get it working pretty fast as soon as Sebastian gets it fixed and gets that
abstract class created.

Curtis