[lazarus] FPC Problem running today

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Oct 27 08:02:21 EDT 1999

Peter, it's still occuring.
When you have a class with a property like Caption (in TCOntrol) and try to specifiy it again in TCustomForm like below, it thinks you are defining a new variable and wants a TYPE like TCaption.  What it should do is look at the parent class (and it's parents) and see if that variable exists.  If so, they are the same variable.

It had worked until I pulled from CVS yesterday.
If you are looking for code, simply compile our forms.pp.

Shane

>>> Peter Vreman <pfvreman at wins.uva.nl> 10/27/99 05:38AM >>>
> Today, when I compile with the newest build not only am I getting the error in thread.inc, but when I comment that line out I am getting errors in EVERY unit whenever I do something like
>
> TCustomForm = class (sdgfdfgh)
> public
>   property Caption;
> end;
>
> It claims that I need to put a colon after the caption and specify a type, but it should work this way.  As a matter of fact, it worked yesterday!
>
> Thoughts?
Please supply always a full example.

I'll take a look at it, maybe it's something by my latest fixes in the
compiler.

Peter