[lazarus] MWEDIT TODO's needed

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Oct 27 15:52:13 EDT 1999

Well, it looks like there are quite a few things that need to be done to make this project a success.
I have a few points:

1) One thing we need to determine is what we are going to use the property HANDLE for in Linux.  Can we use it for something that will allow us to FIND the correct gtkwidget or QTWidget by using this handle?  All the winapi calls pass this handle so it seems that we are going to need to start using this to be compatable.

2) One of the major things is the FONT stuff.

GetObject, CreateFontIndirect, etc all gather font information in different ways.  Would anyone be willing to tackle this?
It seems that it would be best to create these functions in LCLLINUX (or LCLWIN, depending on if I rename it) and have them either call into gtkinterface to get this info.

Could someone take control of this?  This would really help.

3) HideCaret, ShowCaret, ???Caret.  We need someone to look into this and create functions that can create/hide/detroy the caret.  Can we get a vollunteer?

I will be working on getting the GTK widgets to use the wndproc now so hopefully we can get some of you to give us a hand on these Method's that need to be written.
Feel free to ask questions if your not sure where to put them, how to write them, or anything else.

Shane