[lazarus] MWEDIT TODO's needed

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Wed Oct 27 16:51:37 EDT 1999

At 15:03 27-10-99 -0500, Shane wrote:
>Well, it looks like there are quite a few things that need to be done to
make this project a success.
>I have a few points:
>
>1) One thing we need to determine is what we are going to use the property
>HANDLE for in Linux.  Can we use it for something that will allow us to FIND
>the correct gtkwidget or QTWidget by using this handle?  All the winapi calls
>pass this handle so it seems that we are going to need to start using this to
>be compatable.

A typecast for a pointer to the object we're talking about ?
In most cases in windows the handle is just a pointer to something.

So Canvas.Handle will be a pointer to the GTK_Canvas object. Is should only
be adressed as a pointer in the interface objects. (If feel the same for
fcomponent being a handle)

>2) One of the major things is the FONT stuff.
>
>GetObject, CreateFontIndirect, etc all gather font information in
different ways.  Would anyone be willing to tackle this?
>It seems that it would be best to create these functions in LCLLINUX (or
LCLWIN, depending on if I rename it) and have them either call into
gtkinterface to get this info.

>Could someone take control of this?  This would really help.

Hmm... As far as I can see it could be done with the info in the interface
object. I didn't find much more info about fonts in GTK.
I'll give it a try (without a font no editor, menus can wait) as soon as I
can reach CVS.
Any point to some doc's ??

Marc