[lazarus] FComponent removed

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Oct 28 13:08:30 EDT 1999

FComponent has been removed and replaced with TWInControl.Handle.  There are a few issues:

1)  Currently I defined the property Handle with a read AND a write method (the write method simply writes to FHandle).  In Windows, you didn't want to write to FHandle because the user should never modify it.  However, in order to be able to assign FHAndle the component in gtkinterface.pp, you need to write to HANDLE because you can't access the private property (FHAndle) from within gtkinterface.pp

2)  HandleAllocated should be implemented and used.  If a handle is not implemented, then CreateComponent should be called in HandleNeeded.  Currently, I check to see if Handle = 0.

3)  HANDLE is a TWinCotrol property, NOT a TCONTROL property so in gtkinterface.inc I had to typecast things as a TWinControl instead of TControl's.  Not a big deal but that's why it's different.

I think that's it for now.

I added a default HINT or TOOLTIP to each widget upon creation.  I used gtk_object_set_data to assign it to the widget so we can pull it out of it with a gtk_object_get_data('Tooltip');

The Menu's aren't appearing, but that's been that way before I did the fcomponent thing.  Not sure what the issue is there yet.

Anyone doing anything else of interest?  I'll be working on events now I think.

Shane