[lazarus] CVS - Problems and SegFault if I press curser-keys

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Fri Oct 29 15:47:04 EDT 1999

Hi!
On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 07:24:30AM -0500, Shane Miller wrote:
> CVS should be fixed, so tyr it again.
>
> I am aware ogf the Seg Fault too.  It occurs because I think we are writing
> the TKeyPress record incorectly when we pass it on the ONKeyDown or OnKey-
> Press event.  I'll look at it, but I'm hoping to get evnts modified first
> then get the mwedit editor up and running....
>
> Feel free to trounce around and look at the problem.  It lies in the
> gtkcallback that handles the keypress signal I believe.

Just to give you some more hints:

  - It also happens with the trackbar example
  - As far as I know it happens with every (control?)key that is
    not handled by the underlying gtk object.
  - In the trackbar demo it happens at least under following
    circumstances when you use the cursor-keys to change the
    trackbar:

       a) if a button has focus (button does not know cursor keys)
       b) if you have a horizontal trackbar focused and press Up/Down
       c) if you have a vertical trackbar focused and press right/left

Hope this helps,

  Stefan

PS: All the above from memory since I had no time to work on lazarus for
    about 2-3 weeks

Stefan Hille          email: stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
48155 Muenster	      voice: 0251/664695