[lazarus] TTimer

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Mon Sep 13 13:25:21 EDT 1999

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 07:37:29PM -0700, Shane Miller wrote:
> The timer seems to be firing WAY too quickly since I cycled LAzarus and the
> new compiler. Can whomever is in charge of the timer please look into this?
>
> When I open a file in the editor, press a key and move the window so it
> redraws, the TIMER fires constantly.

I took a quick look but can't say too much by now:

  1. It'll not happen with my old compiler (probably build about
     a week or two ago).
  2. After cycling to the actual compiler the timer starts firing
     permanently directly after I click File/Open

2 suggestions:

  - the actual compiler may have a new bug
  - I have not been very careful checking for the different
    integer types when creating TTimer. Maybe there's something
    wrong with that.

So far, I hope this helps, otherwise I'll have to go into it again
tomorrow.

bye,

  Stefan
Stefan Hille          email: stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org