[lazarus] CVS Changes TCustomImageList

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Mon Sep 27 18:51:08 EDT 1999

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 12:04:14AM -0700, Curtis White wrote:
> I am also still trying to figure out what happened to the Notebook component
> and the example. Both were working and now neither one works. It is probably
> something very simple that I am just overlooking. But it sure is giving me
> trouble finding it.
>
> I think I will try checking out the LCL from about 2 versions back when I
> know it was working. Then I can compare customnotebook.inc and also
> gtkobject.inc from both versions and see if I can figure out what is different.
> But if someone else finds the problem first, that will also be wonderful. Then I
> can get back to the clipboard component :-)

I did a little debugging on this tonight and found out the following
thinks:

 1. I tried to figure out the relevant changes between current
    gtkobject.inc (v1.55) and v1.46 but these did'nt do the trick.

 2. Although not absolutely sure I still think that somewhere between
    v1.46 and 1.52 of gtkobject.inc some changes in that file were lost.
    If you made changes between those versions you should check them all
    out again.

 3. The crash happens when the following code is processed the second time
    (index = 1).

     <<
      procedure TNBPages.Put(Index: Integer; const S: String);
      var
      //Msg: TLMTabSetText;
        Msg: TLMNotebookEvent;
      begin
 +->     TPage(fPageList[Index]).Caption := S;
 |    >>

 |   TO be more precise: The crash really happens in TControl.SetText when
 |
 |      fCaption := Value;
 |
 |   is executed. Since Value is correct at that time,

 +----  fPageList[Index]      seems to return be invalid pointer

hope this helps,

  Stefan

Stefan Hille          email: stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org