FPCDIR Was: RE: [lazarus] New Makefiles

Peter Dyson peter at skel.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 18:09:58 EDT 2000

I favour the first Marc.

I do not run the 'release' version in any way any more
as I expect the CVS source tree to be self contained.
I could not get the latest files to compile until I did a
make install for rtl, fcl, packages. It did this to
usr/lib/fpc/0.99.15... which was certainly not what I
expect from the makefiles. I thought the point of them
was so that development versions are self contained and
do not require any of the 'normal' installation configuration
files in order to compile the dev versions.

This will probably mean adding the ../fcl/$(OS_SOURCE)..etc
to all the makefiles in order to find the latest unit files as found
in the dev directory.

BTW I did add fpcdir=../[../] as the first makefile change I tried,
but this did not work. I have not tried the above to the Makefile.fpc
as I am unsure of what shell variable it should be assigned to to
make it work.