FPCDIR Was: RE: [lazarus] New Makefiles

Peter Dyson peter at skel.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 19:06:14 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Marc Weustink <weus at quicknet.nl>
To: <lazarus at miraclec.com>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: FPCDIR Was: RE: [lazarus] New Makefiles

<snip>
> You can always try export FPCDIR="a path to your fpc dir"
>
> Marc

Personally I think the makefiles should override ALL
the options found in the shell variables or config files.
If we don't do this then it will make debugging a 'release'
version exceedingly difficult.

If the makefiles are pedantic and idiot proof enough
then it should be possible to have a release and a
development verion on the same machine without
the two configuations interfering with each other.

btw did you get that mwedit92 makefile I sent?

Peter