[lazarus] Install Shield

Peter Dyson peter at skel.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 13:19:54 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Baeseman, Cliff <Cliff.Baeseman at greenheck.com>
To: <lazarus at miraclec.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 2:46 PM
Subject: RE: [lazarus] Install Shield

> I relize there is a problem with a dated install but it would really only
> need to
> be done when the compiler changed which has not been very often recently.
> Hell I don't want for it to change the ole ppc386 has been good to me
> lately.
>
> Cliff Baeseman
> There is nothing wrong with Windows 2000 that LINUX won't fix!!!

I have done quite a few Install Shield setups and it should be no problem
to have it install the dated version and shell out cvs to get the sources up
to date, after setting all the required variables etc at the end of the
'normal
install'. It should be a user option to upgrade sources on install as
current
sources may not even compile, esp under windows which gets broken
even more than the linux part.

At least it would give the new user that rosy feeling of a working setup
before it all breaks for one reason or another.

I have Install Shield as well so can do some of this if required

Peter