[lazarus] Lazarus stable developer release?

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Apr 12 21:53:29 EDT 2000

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Maybe another idea, to give one something clickable:
> I think I can manage to get a nightly build of lazarus, and upload
> this somewhere (together maybe with the used sources and binary
> compiler).

This is sort of what I meant by a release of Lazarus. We determine that
it is at an interesting point in development and we package the source
for everything in the Lazarus tree and combine it with the latest
snapshot of the compiler (both Win32 and Linux). However I don't
recommend that we attempt to do this every night. I would say we only do
this over time when we have added new items that warrant interest or a
version number change.

Another thing to remember is that there is already a .zip file of the
lazarus source generated every night. We could just as easily create
some URL links on the site to the nightly compiler snapshots and the
nightly generated Lazarus source. If we created some easy to use scripts
that are stored in CVS along with the source that works by downloading
the source zip file and the compiler snapshot that would serve the exact
same purpose.