[lazarus] Compiler working

Curtis White cwhite at aracnet.com
Tue Apr 18 00:28:09 EDT 2000

Probably the reason is your path is different. Right now, the path in the
compiler options is hardcoded to /opt/fpc/lazarus/compileroptions.xml.  If
that path doesn't exist for you, then it would probably crash. I am going to
fix that, maybe tonight. I am going to make it check for
~/.lazarus/compileroptions.xml and if it doesn't exist to create it using
default values. If we want, I can make it also check for
/etc/compileroptions.xml before it creates it in ~ and use that one for
defaults if it exists. What do you all think?

Also, we don't currently have a win32 and linux directories for Lazarus (only
for the LCL). I need to create the compileroptions.pp differently for Windoze
than for Linux (paths are handled differently). So should I create win32 and
linux directories and have a version of the compiler options file for each, or
should I put in IFDEF statements into the code?    If we create the
directories, then we will have to add that into the Makefiles, which I don't
know how to do.  So how should I handle this?

Curtis