[lazarus] Compiler working

Curtis White cwhite at aracnet.com
Tue Apr 18 01:25:55 EDT 2000

Actually, this is a good idea.  We could have a function in the LCL that returns
the path to the configuration directory ( getConfigPath() ). In Win32, it could
return the path where Lazarus is installed and in Linux it could return the
~/.lazarus path. Then anything within Lazarus that needs the path to the
configuration files could just ask this function and depending on where you are
compiling the LCL it would return the proper path.

Would this work?  The only problem I could see with this is how would that function
know where the Win32 installer installed Lazarus?   On Linux it is easy because you
just look for ~ and depending on what user is logged on you get the path to their
home directory. I think Win32 is going to be a little more difficult.

Curtis