[lazarus] CVS problems.

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Apr 20 05:39:48 EDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Brad Campbell wrote:

> At 10:27 20/04/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >There have been some problems with CVS due to the fact that the root
> >partition was 100% full. The reason the disk was full was that some
> >@&!§@$%£!! was using our machine for spam mail, and there were about
> >30.000 files waiting to be sent. If you get a mail from indiatimes.com,
> >chances are it came from the fpc machine :(
> >
> It's that kind of prompt response that makes FPC such a legendary product :p)
> While I'm posting, I'd just like to say how much I love the new .pdf format
> manuals. It's so nice to be able to leave acrobat running on another VT and
> just switch to it and back when you need to look something up.
> Sure beats carrying the 350 odd bound pages of a printed manual..

Hmmm. Since I got my copy of the german printed manual, I always take that one.
I find that nothing beats the feeling of a hardcover book in my hand :-)

But the .pdf is also my favourite on-line version. Especially the cross-document
search option (thanks to Michael Hess) is very handy.

We're still looking into making the online HTML version searchable through a CGI
search engine. This would enable us to keep a on-line version up-to-date and
searchable for anyone.

As you see, no trouble is spared in order to obtain quality :-)

(I've been reading too much of 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance' :) )

Michael.