[lazarus] Another one bug add: TMemo & TListBox I/Oerrors?

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Apr 26 13:54:19 EDT 2000

I sent him this code to try.  It's pretty simple.

The cool thing is I created it using Lazarus IDE and compiled it.  A few issues exist (obviously) so the IDE isn't real usable.  For example, when I click on a unit, the cursor still doesn't show up until I press a key!

Anyway, here's the project for loading a listview.  Save these files into lazarus/testproject and run lazarus, PROJECT OPEN the .lpr file.  PROJECT BUILD, then run it from a console....it works

Shane

>>> Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl 04/26/00 11:54AM >>>
+ From: Bogdan M.Maryniuck [mailto:mbm at diprintas.lt]

+ >And finally, try to create a temporary TStringList and then assign to
+ >lines. I think this should be substantially faster (not tested).
+ How really better to do it? (Just code simple).

var
  S: TStringList;
begin
  S := TStringList.Create;
  S.LoadFromFile('your file name here');
  YourListBox.Items.Assign(S);
  S.Free;
end;

+ See, Delphi4 is loading without problems, so I mean that it is just
+ TListBox and TMemo bug or these components is too far from
+ the end for now

It might be an performance issue, the components are way from complete.

Marc

unit unit1;

{$mode objfpc}

interface

uses
Classes, Messages, SysUtils, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, Buttons,StdCtrls;

type
  TForm1 = class(TForm)
   ListBox1 : TListBox;
   Button1 : TButton;
   Edit1 : TEdit;
  private
    { Private declarations }
    Procedure Button1Click(sender : TObject);
  public
    { Public declarations }
  constructor Create(AOwner: TCOmponent);override;
  end;

var
  Form1: TForm1;

implementation

constructor TForm1.Create(AOwner: TComponent);
Begin
inherited create(AOwner);

Listbox1 := TListBox.Create(self);
   with Listbox1 do
  Begin
  Parent := self;
  Left := 0;
  Top := 0;
  Width := 300;
  Height := 300;
  Visible := True;
  end;

Button1 := TButton.Create(self);
   with Button1 do
  Begin
  Parent := self;
  Left := 350;
  Top := 0;
  Width := 100;
  Height := 50;
  Visible := True;
  Onclick := @Button1Click;
  Caption := 'Load File';
  end;

Edit1 := TEdit.Create(self);
   with Edit1 do
  Begin
  Parent := self;
  Left := 350;
  Top := 75;
  Width := 200;
  Height := 25;
  Visible := True;
  Text := '/var/log/cron/cron.info';
  end;

width := 550;
Height := 400;

end;

Procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender : TObject);
var
Texts : String;
I : Integer;
Begin
I := 0;
Listbox1.Items.LoadFromFile(Edit1.Text);

end;

end.

Program Project1;

uses
  Forms,
 Unit1;

begin
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Application.Run;
end.

[Modules]
Module0=/usr/lib/fpc/lazarus/testproject/test.lpr

Module1=/usr/lib/fpc/lazarus/testproject/unit1.pp
Count=2
EditWindowCount=1
[/usr/lib/fpc/lazarus/testproject/test.lpr]
ModuleType=SourceModule
FormState=0
FormOnTop=0

[/usr/lib/fpc/lazarus/testproject/unit1.pp]
ModuleType=SourceModule
FormState=0
FormOnTop=0

[EditWindow0]
ViewCount=1
CurrentView=0
View0=1

Visible=1
Left=57
Top=118
Height=600
Width=606
[View0]
Module=/usr/lib/fpc/lazarus/testproject/unit1.pp
CursorX=32
CursorY=74
TopLine=2
LeftCol=1