[lazarus] TMemo & TListBox I/O errors?

Hans-Joachim Ott hjott at compuserve.com
Wed Apr 26 18:56:20 EDT 2000

Hi,

the problem with TMemo is that the text widget in gtk does not have a
function to insert or add a line or get information on a specific line
(or maybe I'm missing something?). So if a line is inserted, the current
code reads the complete text into a StringList, inserts the line there
and writes it back to the widget, and (for debugging) writes it also to
stdout.
=> It helps if the program is run with >/dev/null
=> it helps a LOT if the text is read into a TStringList, and then put
into the Memo by
TheMemo.Text := TheStringList.Text (don't use
TheMemo.Lines.Assign(TheStringList) !!)

Shouldn't we have different implementations for TMemoStrings for gtk,
Windows etc., like we have it now for the listbox strings?

Kind regards, Hans