[Lazarus] Troll Tech and Inprise/Borland Collaborate on Linux GUI

Curtis White cwhite at aracnet.com
Fri Apr 28 15:49:04 EDT 2000

"Michael A. Hess" wrote:

> Interesting. Cliff is already there. Since it talks about licenses.
>
> "As a result of the agreement, Inprise/Borland can leverage Qt in its
> forthcoming Delphi(TM) and C/C++ rapid application development (RAD)
> environment for Linux code named Kylix(TM). Financial terms of the deal
> were not disclosed."
>
> Does this mean that since money changed hands that it might not be open
> source?????

I was wondering this myself.  I still don't see how they are going to
provide support for Open Source without releasing the VCL source code as
Open Source.  How could a person possibly build an Open Source application
based on the VCL without the VCL being Open Source?  I'm a little curious
to see how they will manage that...

Curtis