[lazarus] I have a few doubts

Rolando D. Arnaudo rollyar at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 16:30:53 EDT 2000

Hello,

I would like to point out, in the first place, that I am new at this,
but when I found the project, it really interested me a lot.
I've been trying to put the Lazarus to work for a long time (in win98 to make the try in Linux
thereafter), and I couldn't make it. The problems that arise are the following:
I can see the I.D.E., but a message continuously appears in the DOS screen, which says:

"gdk-CRITICAL **:file gdkdraw.c: line 122 (gdk_drawable_unref): assertion 'drawable != NULL' failed."

I'm not positive about this message showing a flaw in the Lazarus concerning graphics properties,
ineffective mouse reply and display of the editor, apart from being extremely slow.

I would appreciate your guiding me toward a possible solution to this problem.

Thank you very much.

Rolando.                          mailto:rollyar at yahoo.com