[lazarus] I have a few doubts

Marc Weustink marc at lazarus.dommelstein.net
Tue Aug 15 16:41:28 EDT 2000

>Hello,

Hi

>I would like to point out, in the first place, that I am new at this,
>but when I found the project, it really interested me a lot.

Welcome

>I've been trying to put the Lazarus to work for a long time (in win98 to
>make the try in Linux thereafter), and I couldn't make it. The problems
>that arise are the following: I can see the I.D.E., but a message
>continuously appears in the DOS screen, which says:
>
>"gdk-CRITICAL **:file gdkdraw.c: line 122 (gdk_drawable_unref): assertion
>'drawable != NULL' failed."

For now you can ignore this message. Some (or should I say most) of the
routines arent finihed yet.

>I'm not positive about this message showing a flaw in the Lazarus
>concerning graphics properties, ineffective mouse reply and display of the
>editor, apart from being extremely slow.

Unfortunately the windows version has a problem at this moment which
results in a continuous redrawing. It appears that there is a difference in
behaviour between the win32 and the Linux GTK implementation. Since most of
the developmnet is done on Linux this error is hard to track down.

>I would appreciate your guiding me toward a possible solution to this problem.

I would suggest to try the Linux version.

Marc