[lazarus] FPC IDE with Lazarus illegal?

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Aug 17 17:19:44 EDT 2000

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Sebastian G. and I were discussing copyright issues, and we
> (actually more me) came to the conclusion that building an IDE with
> lazarus and FPC is not legal.

First off what does building an IDE with Lazarus have to do with FPC and
it's license. We are not modifing the FPC code or even adding to the FPC
code. In fact it can be used without the FPC source. We are just using
the FPC compiler. I don't understand why you think the FPC license has
anything to do with it.   :-\

> This because lazarus contains mwedit which is not GPL compatible.
> (according to the FSF page)

Thank you Martin W. for confirming that mwEdit is public domain. I'm
also glad to know that you still read the list.   :-)