[lazarus] Problem Compiling

Curtis White cwhite at aracnet.com
Mon Dec 18 01:26:34 EST 2000

Hi all,

I have been away for quite a while now. We bought a house and moved in and
that has taken a lot of my time. Anyway, since I last did a CVS update,
the FPC team has released V1 and it appears they are now working on 1.1.
Now that I have done a CVS update, I cannot get the RTL to compile any
more. I get the following error:

system.pp(22,36) Error: Illegal unit name: SYSTEM
system.pp(27,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
make[1]: *** [system.ppu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/fpc/rtl/linux'
make: *** [linux_all] Error 2

I am just going into the rtl directory and doing a make. I also tried
"make RELEASE=1" and still get the same error. I'm using the last version
of the compiler that I compiled before V1 was released (from the August
timeframe). Do I need to download a newer version of the compiler binary?

Does anyone know why I am getting this error and what I need to do to
correct it?

Curtis