[lazarus] Name Confilct in fpc

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Feb 29 04:30:53 EST 2000

+ From: Peter Dyson [mailto:peter at skel.demon.co.uk]

+ From: Marc Weustink <Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl>
+ >
+ > BTW. Have you tried this in delphi ?
+ >
+ > Marc
+ >
+ The code works in Delphi... it was a problem I came across trying
+ to convert some working delphi code mwCustomEdit 92a suite of
+ components that I had sucsessfully compiled and installed into D5.
+
+ Not tried it in D4 yet but will try to do that later!
+ The code given was just a simpler example of the problem.
+ It seems that Delphi will find a mismatch in the calling convention
+ in the current namespace scope, and then  look for the same name
+ in a higher namespace until it finds a match.

Yuck. I don't like this kind of behaviour. Before you know you'll end up
with the most unpredictable code you've seen.

Marc