[lazarus] Linux Clipboard

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Tue Feb 29 19:19:51 EST 2000

At 23:47 29-02-2000 +0100, Hongli Lai wrote:
>Op Tue, 29 Feb 2000, schreef Marc Weustink:
>
> > You probably already looked there but I'll give them anyway. If I
> > understand it corectly, the clipboard is just a selection with a predifind
> > target CLIPBOARD.
>
>Yes, but by using GDK TClipboard will loss it's platform/widget independencie.

That's OK if you are creating the clipboard code in the interfacobject.

All platform dependent calls are called like

LCL --> InterfaceObject == GTKObject    --> GTK calls
                         == QTObject     --> QT calls
                         == WIN32Object  --> WIN32 calls

>You said something about API calls. What API calls do you mean?

There exists also  WINAPI code and for now it is part of the InterfaceObject
(I have some ideas to split this up and have a WINAPIObject per Control per
Platrform, but thats for later)

The API functions I mentioned were the normal WINAPI clipboard functions.

If you start to implement some platform functions it is sometimes a nice
starting point to first implement them in the WINAPI and after that
implemet it on LCL (which should be easy then). This way you can test every
single function before inserting them in a complex environment.
As a nice side effect, porting will be easier in the future.

Marc