[lazarus] some questions about design

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed Jan 5 05:17:57 EST 2000

+ From: Stefan Hille [mailto:stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org]

+ On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 11:08:15AM +0100, Marc Weustink wrote:
+ > + From: Stefan Hille [mailto:stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org]
+ > +
+ > + - There's a problem with all classes derived from TGraphicControl.
+ > +   (currently these are TPaintBox and TBevel).
+ > +   The problem is, that there are a lot of places where these
+ > +   are casted to TWinControl, although TGraphicControl is
+ > +   derived from TControl.
+ >
+ > Hmm... odd, I first thought this was an historical point,
+ > but since the introduction (1.15) is had been derived from
+ > TControl. I think these casts should be altered.
+
+ Do you mean that we should derive TGraphicControl from
+ TWinControl or that we move some properties from TWinCOntrol
+ to TControl?
+ I have no particular opinion about this.

I mean that it should be derived from TControl (like Delphi). What
properties of TWincontrol are needed ? LCL specific ?

Marc