[lazarus] How to build Lazarus

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Jan 10 11:11:42 EST 2000

Do you have a packages directory?  If not, go into your fpc directory and do a cvs co packages and see if that helps.
Shane

>>> kevinbe71 at yahoo.com 01/10/00 09:57AM >>>
I wonder if someone can help me with this problem...
It must be quite straightforward to fix.  I retrieved
the CVS source for FP and Lazarus yesterday.  I
followed the instructions in the how-to (installed
into /opt/fpc, cvs'ed everything, make cycle for
compiler - compiled fine, compiled lazarus -
problem!).  The problem I ran into was that
systemh.inc (or something like that) could not be
found.  I found this in the sub-folders related to FP,
not under the lazarus sub-folder.  The other problem
was that in the documentation they refered to the fcl
folder as /opt/fpc/packages/fcl but in my installation
it is /opt/fpc/fcl.

What should I do to sort this out and get it
compiling?

BTW, I'm using RedHat Linux 6.1.  And although I have
done admin type stuff in Solaris and a bit in Linux I
haven't done development for Linux before.  All my
development has been for Windows in the past.

Thanks,
Kevin.