[lazarus] Lazarus on windows 98 runs

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Jan 26 09:07:21 EST 2000

Lazarus is supposed to run under win32.  I'm not sure why the win32 dll's don't export those functions. Perhaps the dll's that you have aren't the latest.  I don't know about that.  Currently I and most of the other developers are concentrating on LINUX so I rarely if ever test it under win32.

LCLLinux:  I'm not sure about using LCLLinux under Win32.  Sure, it seems like it could be done, but it's intent (and the reason we named it what we did) was that it would be used only under Linux.  Maybe we'll have to revisit that and take a look at what the intent/possibilities are and rename it.

Thanks for the input.
Shane

>>> vrs at dds.nl 01/25/00 06:21PM >>>
Hi,

I don't think that my message of this afternoon has reached the mailinglist
so I just send it again.

I have been able to make a running  lazarus executable for windows 98.

The main obstacle to overcome was, that de gtk dlls for win32 don't export
less procedure and functions than the unix libs. I temporarily commented out
calls  these missing functions:
gdk_pixmap_unref
gdk_draw_pixmap
gdk_bitmap_unref

Also I changed
  {$IFDEF MWE_FPC}
     {$IFDEF LINUX}
        LCLLinux,
     {$ELSE}
        Windows,
     {$ENDIF}
  {$ELSE}
     Windows,
  {$ENDIF}
  {$IFDEF MWE_FPC}
     LCLLinux,
  {$ELSE}
     Windows,
  {$ENDIF}
in the uses clause of mwcustomedit and made the appropiate changes in the
rest of the unit.
I think this change is a good one because LCLLinux can also be used on win32
to access the winapi (and one define less).

My questions are:
Is lazarus suposed on win32 as well, and if so have are we going to solve
the problems caused by missing exports?
Is LCLLinux going to be an OS-independent inteface to winapi and if so,
shouldn't it get a better name?

Vincent Snijders