[lazarus] Lazarus runs on win32

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jan 28 04:22:14 EST 2000

From: "Vincent Snijders" <vsds at hetnet.nl>

Hi,
I have been able to make a running  lazarus executable for windows 98.
The main obstacle to overcome was, that de gtk dlls for win32 don't
export less procedure and functions than the unix libs. I temporarily
commented out calls  these missing functions:
gdk_pixmap_unref
gdk_draw_pixmap
gdk_bitmap_unref

Also I changed
  {$IFDEF MWE_FPC}
     {$IFDEF LINUX}
        LCLLinux,
     {$ELSE}
        Windows,
     {$ENDIF}
  {$ELSE}
     Windows,
  {$ENDIF}
  {$IFDEF MWE_FPC}
     LCLLinux,
  {$ELSE}
     Windows,
  {$ENDIF}
in the uses clause of mwcustomedit and made the appropiate changes in
the rest of the unit.
I think this change is a good one because LCLLinux can also be used on
win32 to access the winapi (and one define less).

My questions are:
Is lazarus suposed on win32 as well, and if so have are we going to
solve the problems caused by missing exports?
Is LCLLinux going to be an OS-independent inteface to winapi and if so,
shouldn't it get a better name?

Vincent Snijders