[lazarus] RTL bug ?? TObject.FieldAddres

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Fri Jul 7 12:04:52 EDT 2000

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Hi,
> While pinpointing the current crashes in lazarus I found it related to the
> TObject.FieldAddres function.

How did you came to this conclusion? TObject.FieldAddress is not used in
your example program.

Perhaps Florian knows the answer, as he fixes another similar bug
recently:
This seems to be a problem with virtual constructors again. Marcs
example gives the following values here:
<break at compon.inc:356>

  Constructor TComponent.Create(AOwner: TComponent);
  begin
    FComponentStyle:=[csInheritable];	// line 356
    If Assigned(AOwner) then AOwner.InsertComponent(Self);
  end;

At this point, I get invalid values already for the first object:
  self = {_vptr. = {$807ec51, $0}}
  (gdbpas) info symbol 0x807ec51
  VMT_VARTEST$_TMYCOMPONENT in section .data

Florian, I think you will recognise this problem...?

- Sebastian