[lazarus] Trying to compile for Windows

Jeff Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Tue Jul 11 08:28:20 EDT 2000

On 07/11/2000 at 9:08 AM Ferber wrote:

>If I understood right, I may define "Win" and undefine "GTK" in the interfaces.pp file to solve this problem. When doing so, the following error message appears while recompileng Lazarus:

That is the intent, however, no work has been done on implementing native windows components in a long time.  I should know, I believe I was the last to even try, and I only got as far as a form and a button that didn't quite work right.  For now, all components are GTK based, even under windows, so you will need the windows GTK dll's.  If you would like to jump in and work on the native windows components, feel free.  I can give you a few pointers to get started, but for the most part, you'll need to know how to create the components from scratch, then look at the GTK code for the LCL interface, and write the code to translate one set of methods to the other.  It looks clunky and slow, but it's a good way to make sure the LCL is truly cross platform.

Jeff.