[lazarus] Some remarks and CVS Changes

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Mon Jul 31 19:25:42 EDT 2000

At 05:09 01-08-2000 +0200, Stefan Hille wrote:
>Hi
>
>On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 01:53:25AM +0200, Marc Weustink wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> > First a general note on editing:
> > Please check if your editor saves tabs as spaces or *don't* use tabs in
> > your code. Not all editors use the same tabspacing. This can result in
> very
> > jumpy and unreadable code. Thanks.
>
>I'm not sure if this is my fault. Did you notice this specially after I've
>committed?

Partly, it is a general remark, you're not the only one. I saw this earlier.

> > Note on debugging:
> > If you want to add debug code better use make you_name_it OPT=-g
> instead of
> > export DEBUG=1. The latter enables also some unwanted checks which results
> > into a crashing IDE
>
>Ahhh, maybe that's the reason why I had some problems lately. I've already
>committed a fix for one file (was it gtkwinapi?) to workaround this.

Nope it was something in TPixmap.ReadStream.

But I kept getting errors till I compiled without debug info. So I stopped
fixing others

>PS: Marc, glad to see you're still working on lazarus. I was feeling a
>little bit lonely lately

Still there all the time.
The project I'm currently working on is under heavy pressure. It's delayed
for the 3rd time. So when I was behind my PC in the night, I only managed
to handle all email, get the latest sources and compile. Nu structural changes.

Marc