[lazarus] TPanel queries (TFont.Name)

Andrew Bednarz bed42 at primus.com.au
Mon Jun 19 09:51:04 EDT 2000

Well I'm finding some time to delve back into the lcl and I've got some queries
(bare with me; some possibly stupid questions here)

First is a simple query on the TFont implementation and the default font.
Shouldn't a default font name be assigned? With gtk at least, canvas.TextHeight
and TextWidth (for example) can not execute... When a control is created, the
font should be assigned to the same as its owner's font by default? Now in the
VCL a FontResourceManager is used - we're obviously not using something similar?

To the TPanel itself - as it is not a widget in itself, mearly a container - I
am current in the frame of mind that I do not require to hook it specifically
into any widget set, TCustomControl should take care of everything in itself

To the drawing of the panel, to be delphi compatible it should draw borders etc
itself - or I could just whack a TFrame inside it.

Comments, suggestions, slaps over the head?

--
Bed
   Now mailing straight from a linux desktop to you