[lazarus] Gtk-CRITICAL

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jun 22 03:59:54 EDT 2000

+ From: christer.t.johansson at se.abb.com
+
+ I used the process.pp from CVS 0.99.15 and it compiled, assembled
+ and linked with some hints and so on...

did you only update process.pp, or all the sources ?

+ After that I try to run Lazarus but I could only se the
+ splash pinguin in 0.32 seconds and nothing more ??
+ Then I try to run it from terminal and this comes up:
+
+ Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1033 (gtk_object_set_data):
+ assertion 'object != NULL' failed.
+ ERROR: [TgtkObject.CreateFontIndirect] Nofontname
+ Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3313
+ (gtk_widget_set_sensitive):
+ assertion 'widget != NULL' failed.
+ Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkfixed.c: line 175 (gtk_fixed_move): assertion
+ 'GTK_IS_FIXED (fixed)' failed.
+ ERROR: [TgtkObject.CreateFontIndirect] No fontnameAt end of
+ ExeptionAddresStack

The Gtk-CRITICAL errors are known, and can be ignored for now.

But the last line worries me. Normally you get several
"ERROR: [TgtkObject.CreateFontIndirect] No fontname" lines which are indeed
an error, but aren't fatal. At this moment they are a result of the lack of
a APIdesktop, and for now thay can be ignored.

However in your situation it dumps in the create font routine and I don't
know why.

In the lazarus dir, can you do a "make clean" and a "make ide OPT=-dTRACE"
and post the lines around the "At end of ExeptionAddresStack" line ?

Marc