[lazarus] Gtk-CRITICAL

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jun 22 07:31:09 EDT 2000

+ From: christer.t.johansson at se.abb.com
+
+ I downloaded the CVS, but used only the process.pp...

Ah, if you have CVS then better get all through CVS as described in the
HowTo. If you want to do it by zip then the following link may give you and
idea how the dir structure should be.

http://cvs.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/fpc

Note that only the base, compiler, rtl, fcl, gtk, lazarus and packages dirs
are used for Lazarus.

+ I have some problems with the makefiles in all other dirs
+ exept lazarus dir so I try to do this "the bad" way.
+ I know it's not god. The makefiles hides the secrets
+ and I have to find out whats wrong with them.

I think you can simply forget to compile the other dirs without makefiles.
All platform dependencies are resolved through the makefiles.

+ I had some struggle to put up my lazarus folder tree and I
+ think nothing in my stucture is what it should be. But now
+ I begin to understand how it should be
+ so I will start it all over from the beginning and not give
+ up until all makefiles works
+ so I can do make clean, make cycle and make without any errors... :)

If you have a structure like the link I gave than you can do a make cycle in
the compiler dir whihout the need of editing the makefiles.

+ The errors I get with the makefiles i a lot of lines with
+ something about the "ifdef" and "endif".
+ I will try to "patch" the makefile that works into the other
+ dirs and only change the "user settings" part (I think !?).
+
+ You think I am in some right track..... or ?

Don't focus on the makefiles. They are generated from makefile.fpc and  they
assume a certain dis structure.

+ I will try your suggestion first !!
+
+ I read somewhere that you don't need the ppc386.cfg anymore
+ with the new makefiles, am I wrong ??

You don't need a ppc386.cfg anymore if you only want to build the compiler
and lazarus through makefiles.

If you want to compile separate projects without makefile, ppc386.cfg might
be handy.

Marc