[lazarus] IDE Coding

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Mar 2 08:49:44 EST 2000

.LPR would be fine with me.  I am not real worried about the name of the file but I guess LPR would make more sense than FPR.

I am using the same format as Delphi 5 uses.  It is an INI file.  I am not using XML because it's not compatable with Delphi.
Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> New Project will work.  It creates a Project1.fpr and Unit1.pp file.  It
> opens up ideeditor and adds a page for the Unit1.pp file.  It extract info
> out of these files and adds them to a structure (defined in global.pp)
> called UnitList.
> Unitlist contains the NAME, SOURCE, FILENAME, PAGE, and file type of each
> unit.

I'm just wondering what you all think about naming the project files .lpr
instead of .fpr since they are specific to Lazarus.  FPC doesn't know or care
anything about them. Probably doesn't really matter much. I was just pondering
the idea and thought I would see what you all think about it.

> I am using the Project.pp file now in Main.pp.   I use it to record a number
> of things in the .dsk file that's created when you do a SAVE PROJECT.  I
> will create an example and commit it tomorrow.  It works similiar to saving
> your desktop settings works in Delphi.  It records which unit is being
> displayed, the location of the editor window, the location of the cursor in
> each visible source file, the location of the main window, etc.  Works real
> well actually.

What format are you using for the .dsk file?  Are you using XML?

> To test these features, run Lazarus and select Project NEW.   then move the
> editor around somewhere and then select SAVE PROJECT.  Pick a location.
> Don't save this into the LAzarus source directory!!!  Close Lazarus.
> Run Lazarus again and select PROJECT - OPEN PROJECT.  Select the .fpr file
> and it should (should!) load the unit and display it exactly where the
> editor was when you saved.  If not, no big deal, I will be working out the
> bugs tomorrow.

Very cool.  I will try it out.