[lazarus] Martin Waldenburg request for renaming mwEdit

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Fri Mar 10 13:41:29 EST 2000

At 07:43 10-03-2000 -0500, Michael A. Hess wrote:
>vital at videotron.ca wrote:
> >
> > As Martin Waldenburg was asking us, to continue to use mwEdit, we will
> > have to rename it. Does someone has idea for a new name?
>
>However if we are considering a total break from the xxEdit product and
>build from just what we have then I would say it simply be lclEditor or
>something similar.

IMHO, looking at the editor, I don't think I would be proud of lclEditor. I
see a LclEditor as an example project on how to use, on what the
capabilities are of the LCL/Lazarus. The editor floats what this concerns
on two toughts, use as les as posible VCL/LCL and it make sometimes use of
it. It's a strange mixture. So if I may propose a name: AEdit (I see it
just as an editor we use (for) now)

Marc