[lazarus] I give up how do you do this with DDD?

Fabien Ninoles fabien at Nightbird.TZoNE.ORG
Wed Mar 15 00:39:43 EST 2000

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 09:20:04PM -0500, Michael A. Hess wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I used to use xxgdb but decided to move up to something better namely
> DDD. So now I have it all installed and working. Here is my problem. How
> the heck to you pass a program parameter to the file it is
> debugging?????
>
> I am working on debuging pasdoc which of course requires you to pass it
> the file it is to parse. Ex: pasdoc stdctrls.pp
>
> So how do I call this with DDD?
>
> If I do
>
>          ddd pasdoc stdctrls.pp
>
> it thinks that the stdctrls.pp is suppose to be a core file.

simply type 'ddd pasdoc'
then, when you press run, it will ask for arguments.

> I know you have to be able to do this but I can't find it in the docs or
> maybe I am just being plain stupid.  :-\

no comment :)

> I thought I did this before but I sure has heck can't remember how to do
> it now.  Maybe I'm just tired. Can someone give me a kick in the head
> and tell me how to do this?  :-)

your welcome!

> --
> ==== Programming my first best destiny! ====
>
> Michael A. Hess      Miracle Concepts, Inc.
> mhess at miraclec.com   http://www.miraclec.com

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab at tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70