[lazarus] cvs updated

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Mar 30 16:54:26 EST 2000

I don't believe I know enough about how it works at this point to answer your question.  Yes, we could use a TComponent that could answer all these questions but I don't know how it would know it's children's (a TEdit's for example) methods and such.

I just don't know enough about this at this point.

BTW, welcome to the list and feel free to try and help out.  Take your time and ask lots of questions!

Shane

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Shane Miller wrote:

> In regards to Sam and FEdit, have we heard from him lately?  I'm
> interested in whether he wants to use FEdit to do the form designer
> and Object Inspector.  I certainly don't want to tackle those at this
> time.  :-)

I have a question for you: We need some kind of framework to be able to do
this kind of work, right ? i was thinking maybe we need to have a
TComponent that knows how to respond to something (messages?methods?) and
describe itself (properties, methods, childrens and so forth). If we Had
such a structure, it would make it easier to build a "component
inspector"-like window. By parsing the source we can get the list of
component that where created by the IDE (build/update a XML file for
instance), rigth? and then create all the components from there (let the
"Inspector" build a list of all the components (and build them) --
=probably not too hard-- and teach it how to read/change properties --
=hard part-- )

Did anyone started some "theory" on how all this would fit together ?
(sorry for not participating a little bit more, but i'm having trouble
understanding everything in there, but since it looks more and more like
delphi, i hope i'll be able to contribute soon -:> )

Jok