[lazarus] writing GTK programs

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon May 1 20:22:51 EDT 2000

Chris Moody wrote:

> Actually my question was more supposed to mean: Since Lazarus doesn't
> have a form editor, what commands do I use to create forms, put
> buttons on the form, ect.
>
> I don't know GTK at all (being mainly a Winblowz person) and would
> like to increase my knowledge, but not sure where to start.

That is just the point that was trying to be made. You don't have to
know anything about GTK+. You are using the LCL which is compatible with
Delphi's VCL. Code it the same way you would in Delphi without using the
form designer. Create the form and add the controls to it. Check out
some of the applications in the examples directory.