[lazarus] Can someone help?

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Tue May 2 19:12:14 EDT 2000

At 15:51 02-05-2000 -0700, Chris Moody wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I started playing around with fpc, to see if I could make a Windowed app. I
>tried the following code in both Windows and Linux, and both of them give me
>some odd errors.
>
>When I try to build the project, I am told that System/SysLinux doesn't
>exist (although I tell the compiler exactly where to look, using the -Fu
>option)

This won't work (or you have have to include all locations)

>Also, if I asked ppc386 to just look at the unit, it complained also, I'm
>assuming because I didn't know exactly how a file that describes a form gets
>put together.
>
>Below is the code for the unit that describes the form, can someone tell me
>the order in how it should appear in the file? And also tell me how do I get
>the system to recognize System and LinuxSystem?

If you want to compile things without makefile, make sure your rtl  and fcl
dir are made.
Copy the .o and .ppu files from ./rtl/linux and ./fcl/linux to ./units/linux
Point the compiler to this units dir (-Fu commandline or ppc386.cfg). Make
sure you dont refer to the rtl or fcl dir.

Marc