[lazarus] LFM / XML

dvortex dvortex at netcourrier.com
Wed May 3 02:33:53 EDT 2000

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Cliff Baeseman wrote:

> Hey,
>
>   I am working on loading a saving a form for the designer via xml
> formatted lfm file. Should I include TDesignerForm in the object
> structure so that from the designer you will just have to call save to
> lfm and read from lfm and read from dfm???

There won't really be any designer form, we will just "teach" control to
respond to "clicks" differently depending if they are being designed or
not.. (with just a little bit of coding in TWinControl and TForm)

I have put the stub for 2 methods :
  - LoadXMLFormRes(Filename: String)
  - SaveXMLFormRes(FileName: String)

So, if you have these, i'll be interested.
Here is a little description of what i am doing..:

TObjectInspector
   property CurrentObject
   Property CurrentForm
   Method Inspect(ThisObject)
   LoadXML
   SaveXML

The 2 properties are there so that you can make the inspection happen
The "currentForm" is the form that you would see with the "csDesign" state
that would respond to clicks and so forth (probably through messages...)

> dvortex is working on the Designer so this question is more directed
> at him. I have the parser built and am laying out the object structure
> now. You may wish to take a look at the class stubs to see if they
> make sense with what you have.
>
> Cliff

I will check that tomorow and let you know. but from what i have seen so
far (the XML example file you send last week or so), it looks super
good...