Using Assert for Trace statements (was: [lazarus] LazarusPascal code)

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed May 3 16:14:42 EDT 2000

Marc Weustink wrote:

> Just an idea, write an app/form (or apps) to test all our components.
> At least I don't know the status of all components. With the latest
> changes not all controls behave as they should (missing events and
> stuff). Starting with this you will find thing to fix.

That is a good idea. This is something I have been wanting to do for
some time but never find the time. Make a simple form with all of the
various components available. This serves 2 purposes. It allows us to
test the functionality of controls and when changes are made it is easy
to figure out if other controls are broken. Secondly it allows us to
have a nice screenshot to place on the web site showing exactly what can
be built with the LCL.

Be sure to include all of the standard dialogs and tabs, etc. etc. etc.