[lazarus] compiling lazarus under win32....

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu May 4 13:39:03 EDT 2000

The "gtk" in the interfaces directory is the code required by our LCL (by using CNSendMessage) to create the gtk widgets.

See, the LCL sends a LM_CREATE message.  If you wanted to use GTK as your widget set, you DEFINE GTK in the interfaces.pp file.  This way, our InterfaceBase file uses the GTK directory and sends the LM_CREATE and other messages onto that set of source.

The GTK in FPC are the header files that we use to call the GTK functions from OUR GTK files.

Get it?  FPC defines all the GTK functions in their gtk files.  We use GTK functions in ours.  Ours receive and send messages to/from our LCL.

Shane

>>> hernan.et at pg.com 05/04/00 12:03PM >>>
Vincent,

I just downloaded the sources yesterday. I am using 0.99.14. Also, I noticed
that the source code of Lazarus includes "gtk"
[e:\pp\source\lazarus\lcl\interfaces\gtk] and also i have a copy in the packages
directory [e:\pp\source\packages\gtk]. There  could some differences between the
two.

Yoyong

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host: harding.miraclec.com
 [199.224.65.135]

Envelope Sender:    lazarus-request at miraclec.com