[lazarus] Lazarus Object Documentation

Robert Scott Horning roberth at ise-tlx.com
Fri May 19 12:58:20 EDT 2000

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Fri, 19 May 2000, Robert Scott Horning wrote:
> >     Before I start jumping in with some new components, I need to get a
> > little better aquatinted with the existing code anyway.  What I'd like
> > to do is try and start a "Lazarus" documentation effort.....
>
> Nevertheless, probably the best is to enhance the existing comments.
> Pasdoc supports pulling the explanations from an external file.
>
> It is therefor quite feasible to work on the documentation in the separate
> files, and just insert the needed comments in the source files, so
> the structure of the documentation is generated correctly.
>
> It would of course be nice if pasdoc could check for each method/field/whatever
> whether it can find a comment block in the used textfiles. This would obliviate
> the need for the comments in the sources.
>
> In any case I think that it is a requirement to use pasdoc, because it is
> the only 'structured' way of handling the generating of documentation.
>
> Michael.

I'm sorry, but I jumped in a bit too soon with that message.  Yes, I'd like to go
through the comment blocks and add some documentation for now anyway directly in
the code (which is a good idea in the first place) and try to keep working though
the objects.

For at least right now, is there a unit or two that is (relatively) stable that
won't mess somebody else up by checking it into CVS?
--
Robert Scott Horning
Trans-Lux West
E-mail:  roberth at ise-tlx.com