[lazarus] screen shots

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Wed May 24 06:46:14 EDT 2000

Alan Ferguson wrote:

> Thanks for the tip.  Im not sure of the API i should use:
>
>  GLX-- (which is the OpenGL to X interface)
>  GtkGL-- (which is a wrapper around the GLX functions.)
>  GtkGLArea-- which I think is a Gtk widget of some type that
>       let's you paint on the GtkGLArea widget using OpenGL
>       functions.

Under Linux you could use GLX or GtkGLArea (please, without "--" as this
are the C++ versions which you cannot use from within Free Pascal).
For starting, GtkGLArea is simple to use. For GLX you can take a look at
the source of the GL widget which I created for KCL.

> In windows i guess i use:
>  Wgl

Yes. Wgl is the 'replacement' for GLX.

- Sebastian