[lazarus] screen shots

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Wed May 24 08:20:42 EDT 2000

+ From: Alan Ferguson [mailto:aferg at home.com]
+
+ Thanks for the tip.  Im not sure of the API i should use:
+
+  GLX-- (which is the OpenGL to X interface)
+  GtkGL-- (which is a wrapper around the GLX functions.)
+  GtkGLArea-- which I think is a Gtk widget of some type that
+       let's you paint on the GtkGLArea widget using OpenGL
+       functions.
+
+ In windows i guess i use:
+  Wgl

::-)

I ment, use *ONE* API to be platform independent and that can interface with
the LCL winAPI. You cant simply create a Widget and tell the LCL to use it.
The LCL is platform independent and has no knowledge to handle a widget.

If you want you can use it in your private component on only one platform.
The handle of TWinControl is now in fact a pointer to a GTKwidget, but don't
count on this in the future. (A handle is only an identifier to an window)

I don't know, but there might be a LGL wrap in the far future, so you can
use GL independent of the platform.

+ I'm in the unhappy situation of having TOO many toys to play with in
+ my toy box. ;-)
+
+ Additionally im not sure about component making in Lazarus, as
+ i have not tried it yet. Is it really as easy as creating decedent of
+ TWinControl? Cool.  Im still a little fuzzy about TGtkObject stuff,
+ but im sure it will become clearer as i play with it more.

Hmmm.... The editor we use is derived from TWinControl, so you can create
your own controls with it, but you can't use platform specific stuff, unless
defined in the API.

Marc