[lazarus] cannot build on Win NT

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sat Nov 4 15:52:44 EST 2000

"Mario Fietz, DL4MFM" wrote:

> compileroptions.pp(33,83) Fatal: Can't find unit XMLCFG

Since you and others were having similar problems I decided to download
the Win32 1.0.2 release of FPC and try it.

The problem above is due to the fact that the release for some reason
failed to included the units for the xml units in the FCL.

What you need to do is install the FCL source if you didn't already do
so. Then do a 'make' in the '\pp\source\fcl\xml' directory. I believe
the units will be placed in '\pp\source\fcl\win32'. Copy the .ppw and
.ow files from there into the '\pp\units\win32\fcl' directory. Then try
to build Lazarus again. (note you need to copy all of the .ppw and .ow
files since you will find others are missing as well.