[lazarus] Kylix becomes Open Source?

Andrew Bednarz ajb at amc.com.au
Tue Nov 14 01:53:52 EST 2000

At 02:21 PM 13/11/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>This is very interesting since Borland had previously said they were
>supporting KDE. They had even supposedly licensed QT so developers could
>deploy their Kylix programs on Windows. I wonder where that all stands now
>(or maybe this is all just speculation in the article).

         They have a license worked out with TrollTech so applications
using the CLX can be deployed on windows without having to worry about
licensing issues. This is irrelevant to any gnome support. CLX inherently
uses QT; They are just adding gnome *support*, not having gtk+ as  widget
options.

         On the same topic I saw Kylix at BorCon2000 in Sydney Australia
last week (Im in Melbourne) and all I can say is sweeeet.

AMC Enterprises P/L    - Andrew Bednarz
First Floor            - Senior Programmer
3 Chesterville Rd      - ajb at amc.com.au
Cheltenham Vic 3192    - Ph:  (03) 9584-2700
http://www.amc.com.au/ - Fax: (03) 9584-2755