[lazarus] CustomFormEditor

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Mon Nov 20 16:57:18 EST 2000

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 09:10:31PM -0600, Shane Miller wrote:
> OK, I added more code for the customformeditor.  I added some code in customformeditor.pp for the class TComponentInterface.  The problem is I don't know what the hell I am doing when it comes to getting typeinfo and calling GetPropInfo or stuff like that.
>
> Can anyone help me?  The TComponentInterface has functions like GetPropvaluebyname but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks
> Shane

The only thing I did so far with RTTI is a small example of how to query
an object. Simply assign this snippet as a callback to a button or so:

procedure TForm1.Button7Click(Sender : TObject);
var
   props : TPropList;
   pprops : PPropList;
   i      : integer;
Begin
   pprops := @props;
   GetPropInfos (Sender.ClassInfo, pprops);
   i := Low (props);
   while assigned (props[i]) and (i < high (props)) do
   begin
      writeln (props[i]^.name);
      inc (i);
   end;